Any Time. Any Place. Any Fuel.
YOU TRUST THEM. THEY TRUST EVINRUDE. NEED WE SAY MORE?
It takes guts to serve in the military. Maybe that’s why Evinrude has been the choice of the U.S. military for years and years. Evinrude’s new Multi-Fuel Engine (MFE) technology is what they’re running today. It can run all day on everything from gasoline to kerosene – even jet fuel. The engine you trust is the engine they trust. Because the last thing the military wants to be fighting is their outboard motor.
Built for marine-patrol duty Coast-guards, police departments and other security forces rely on the outstanding power, performance and durability of Evinrude outboard engines for marine-patrol duty. Outboards that will take them anywhere.
- Multi-Fuel Capable
- The first outboard engine ever available to the general public that’s capable of running on multiple fuel types, including kerosene, JP-4, JP-5, JP-8, Jet A and Jet B as well as standard gasoline. Change fuel settings at the flip of a switch, without compromising performance.
- Optional Pump Jet Propulsion
- Allows the option of propulsion without a propeller, affording additional safety benefits and performance targets for a wider variety of applications. Unique design attaches a large impeller unit to a full gearcase for superior vectored thrust and performance when compared to conventional jet pumps.
- Evinrude Confidence
- MFE’s carry the same great benefits as all Evinrude outboard engines – strong performance, lasting reliability, low maintenance and lots of power. For consumers who want to do more, there’s really no other engine like it.
- Stealth Design
- While you may never need to worry about being detected by enemy combatants on the water, the MFE’s low reflection, tactical black paint and minimal operating sound levels ensures.
- Wrap Around Handle Design
- Unique handle design with special tilt assist strap makes transportation and installation quick and easy.
- Proprietary De-Watering System
- Lets you use your engine in the harshest environments. Take it anywhere under and in any condition.
55 HP - Model-specific elements
|Black||2.67:1||Rope||Manual Tilt w/ Assist Cylinder||Tiller|
|Tactical Black||2.67:1||Rope||Manual Tilt w/ Assist Cylinder|
|Limited Warranty||1-Years Non-Declining|
|Engine type||Inline 2-Cylinder E-TEC DI|
|Displacement||52.7 cu in/864 cc|
|Recommended fuel||87 Octane|
|Emissions compliance||Meets Highest Emissions Standards Worldwide|
|Recommended Oil||Evinrude/Johnson XD100™ Oil|
|Propshaft HP||55 HP (37 kw) @ 5500 RPM|
|Full Throttle RPM Range||5500-6000 RPM|
|Alternator output||81 Amps Total Output/ 25 Amps Net Dedicated|
|Fuel induction||Direct Fuel Injection w/stratified low RPM combustion mode|
|Lubrication||Multi-point, targeted oiling|
|Bore x Stroke||3.601 x 2.588 in / 91 x 66 mm|